Thursday, June 23, 2011

Goodbye 30 lbs.











I can't believe I can actually type that title and it be real life and not some fantasy of the day it will hopefully come true. I can say that today I'm proud of myself but more than that I'm so thankful to God that He's my creator and has ordained all things even something like my weight loss. If you've known me for any length of time, you know that losing weight has been a struggle I have had for so many years. I've had so many failed attempts at different diet and exercise programs that at one point I did give up. I was tired of the hope and the constant disappointment. I had come to settle with the realization that I had to learn to love me no matter what weight I was and to try enjoying life as it was obviously meant to be. There was disappointment, frustration, and honestly resentment that no matter what I seemed to do to help my situation nothing worked. Again, if you know me personally you know that this past February I was physically healed from a sleeping disorder that I have suffered with since childhood and at the same time that happened I was given this weight loss plan that I am currently on. And this time, the weight is coming off. I honestly feel that day God healed me not only from my sleeping disorder, but He also healed whatever it was that my body was doing to retain the fat and weight that I had tried so hard to lose. Maybe the sleeping disorder had to do with that, maybe not, I don't think I'll ever know and honestly, I'm not sure I care...it's coming off and I'm excited about it. I can't tell you what that feels like. It almost makes me cry thinking of the fact that I have hope again. Cause I had lost all hope. So today, I'm celebrating how awesome God is! I hope you enjoy the before and afters as much as I do :)











No comments:

Post a Comment