Monday, March 15, 2010

Tax Time!


So another year has come and gone and you know what that means...TAX TIME! I guess for some this is a dreaded time but for me, it's always fun and exciting. I guess I could adjust my paycheck and get less taxes taken out but what fun would tax time be if I did that?! Soooo this year, my initial plan was to just take my return and stow it away in my savings account like a good girl. But those of you who know me, know that I struggle with being a good girl....so what did I do?...spent half of it....a lil good, a lil bad. And on what you might ask....a brand new gaming laptop!!!! Ok, so when I first got it home and for most of the weekend I was ready to lose my religion and tell it how I felt about it not connecting to the internet wirelessly but then...magically after hours messing with it..the Best Buy man pressed a few buttons and bam! it connected. It has rocked my world since. I love this thing. Ok, the one downside so far...is the thing is freaking HUGE. As in, won't fit in my laptop bookbag and is awkward to carry. But that con is offset by the huge monitor and extended keyboard with a normal number pad to the right...so no more hunting and pecking for numbers or hooking up that number pad I've been toting around. It has a build in webcam w00t! No more carrying that around as well. It has a build in mic (obviously since it has the webcam). It has Windows 7 which I really like so far. And best of all..wow does it make WoW look AWESOME!!!! No more 1-4 fps in Dalaran!!! For those of you who don't game I think the best way to compare it is that it's like watching a movie in HD vs. normal....actually....the difference is even better.

So maybe I shouldn't of spent the money but it makes me so happy and I don't have buyer's remorse so that has to be a good sign :) I know, a computer shouldn't make me this happy...but that's a whole other post right...

No comments:

Post a Comment