Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meet My Friends

So I haven't updated in 6 months. I really didn't realize it had been that long. Lots of things have changed and lots of things have stayed the same. One is that I'm still actively playing World of Warcraft. Geeky, I know. I'm to the age that I find geeky cool. Anyway, today at work the people I play with was brought up, what age, and stage of life they were in. It got me thinking and well, I just thought I'd introduce you to my friends. It's kinda a long list, honestly, I really didn't realize how many people I play with on a regular basis, but here we go. Oh and these aren't their real names so if they sound strange it's cause they are their characters names or just what we call them :)
First is Quig and Anita. Quig is the GM (general manager) of the guild (team) that I play with. Quig is 32 and Anita is 35. They are from Montana and have not been able to have children but have dogs that Anita treats like children :)
Blu and Yilith are both from Washington State. Blu is 24 and Yilith is...older than her but I don't remember. Blu has a 3 year old daughter that we get to talk to often and she's well, just the smartest, cutest thing. Yilith is a cop.
Ashaleah is 27 and from AK. She's married with 3 children with a husband in the military. She plays the same type character I play and has helped me learn A TON, though isn't on as frequently since she has other responsibilities.
Tybe is 37. He's from Washington State. He's single and an ex military dude who now works in customer service. He tends to whine and get his feelings hurt a lot but that's Tybe.
Delph is 39. I don't know a whole lot about him personally other than he's divorced and has an Australia/English accent and could listen to him talk forever.
Fandor (31) and Thelody (26) are from Utah. Only have been married a few years and have pets as kids.
ZK (27) is from Alaska. He's single but was with a girl who did him really wrong so he's the jaded one. Ex military and now in the national guard. He spends most of his time mad about something, though very good at the game. Not to mention most people don't like him but Fandor and him are like best friends.
Shady (37), Tat (36) and Scarlette (16 and is a boy, not a girl) They're from PA and crack me up. All three of them play and they bring their family conversations with them.
Foxxkidd (16). He's from somewhere like NJ or something. Talk A LOT. He's what we call a noob (or someone new to the game). I like him just cause he makes me seem like a pro :)
Dart (28) is single and from VA. He's a financial something or another. He doesn't play all that much but I like when he does cause he helps me out. We also have a lot in common, like our religious beliefs and we both were in graphics and are somehow both working with numbers now. I'd say he's one of my top friends in the game.
Blach and Harmful (23ish) who is father and son. Interesting relationship and Blach is probably one of the most interesting people I have met in this game. He has lived a very interesting life to say the least.
Rhon (37) is from CO. Married but can't get his wife to play :) They were recently separated but are back together working it out. I think I've probably done the most witnessing to him. He believes there is something bigger but doesn't feel like he knows what. He has done a lot of research in different religions and I'm trying to let him see the Jesus in me.
Urp. I'm not sure how old he is. I'd say later 20s early 30s. He's married with children. In fact, just recently had one born. He's so in love with his wife and it always puts a smile on my face when he talks about her. She truly is the love of his life. Regarding the game, he's the richest man I know. He has over 100,000 gold which is AMAZING! Everyone thinks I'm rich and I have like 5,000.
Ok so there is probably about 20 more I could introduce to you but honestly this is getting way too long. I know I spend hours at a time at this game but one thing we have all agreed upon that play is that it's more than a game. You meet so many people and even if it's not "real life" you get to know each of them in a different way and when "real life" stuff comes up, they're there for you just the way "real life" friends are.

No comments:

Post a Comment