Wednesday, January 18, 2012

40 Days of Prayer and Fasting - Day 1

Today begins our annual 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting at church. This year is so different from last year. Last year I was in such bondage from World of Warcraft it's all I could focus on. This year I feel like it's so much NOT about me at all. God wants to use me to help others and in that, I will be rewarded. And rewarded with what God has in store, not what I can ask for. I'm excited this year to see what God can and will do. I've grown so much and just want to praise God for the miracle He gave me last year and celebrate what only He can do for others!! I am physically fasting from texting. Knowing that I've been holding onto some relationships that just need to be severed I feel like this is the time to do it. I know that by not putting the effort into keeping in contact with them, they will not make the effort into contacting me. The people who want to be in my life and should be in my life will make the extra effort to get in touch with me. I'm also going to be attending the services at church during the 40 days. It's going to be a stretch to discipline myself to get there every night but I want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment