Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Intentions for 2012

You know the suckiest part about growing up and being an adult is the moment you realize that you don't always get to sit back and wait for things to happen. Sometimes you have to muster up your own motivation and just do somethings yourself. I'm a smart girl, I promise, but somethings just seem to take awhile to click for me.
I'm now 31 and I'm just really getting that if I want to have that super model body or even that sleek dancer body, I'm actually going to have to do more than daydream about it. If I want to get out of debt and stay out of debt, I'm actually going to have to work with a budget, not pretend I can do math in my head. If I want to be a knowledgeable Christian, I'm going to have to actually read my Bible and study it. If I want a healthy relationship, I'm going to have to do things to promote that, not things that destroy it. I'm not sure where my lack of cause and effect started to break down but I have had my eyes opened to it and can say there are several areas of my life that I tend to not put the effects (consequences) with the causes (actions...my actions..actions that I actually come up with on my own).
I have someone in my life that has recently been hurt emotionally from my actions and I can't tell you the pain it causes me to think that my own thoughts and then actions effected someone this way. The good thing that has come out of it is that once again my eyes have been opened to something I really need to work on. That I need to be so much more intentional in my life instead of sitting around waiting for things to just happen. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you can "make" somethings happen or even control everything, but I do think that if you put effort into an area of your life you definitely increase the chances of what you want to happen to actually come to fruition. So with the New Year here and a chance to start with a clean slate this is My Intentions for 2012:
*Remove people from my life that have no other function than to keep me from being alone.
*Actively read my Bible and journal/blog.
*Be honest to myself even when it hurts and it's easier to excuse my behavior.
*Be honest with others even when it hurts and it's easier to ignore the truth.
*Find that internet site that helps minister to the lost that was talked about on Missions Sunday.
*Finish the Couch to 5k program.
This is just the beginning of my list. There's a lot I want to do and this year, I'm going to be intentional about doing it.
To the person I hurt, I'm sorry. You and I both know that all things happen for a reason and I know you were placed in my life for several reasons. Opening my eyes is another one. Thank you for your support and continued grace.

1 comment: