Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I love 4 day weekends. Don't get me wrong, I like my job but I also enjoy being a slacker. Mom let me off a little early on Friday and I went straight home to start cleaning. My plan was to be a guilt-free slacker. After Mom got off work she came over and helped. I know she was so happy to help (so weird, I know). Anyway, we got it all done and I enjoyed it all weekend. There was a funny moment when Mom realized she bleached out my grout with her bleach/water mix. I think she got the floor clean :)

I spent Saturday at home. All day. Well until later and that's when I finally gave in and went to Mom's for the dogs. They were crazy. And then that's when I got roped in to watching Friday Night Lights (the show, not the movie). It's good. Mom and me stayed up way too late watching episode after episode before I gave up and went home.

Sunday morning was spent at church but I started a new Sunday school class. When I went to go talk to my pastor's wife last week she suggested going to our youth pastor's wife's class. I loved it. It was nice being in a smaller class and I loved what she taught on. I'm excited about going back next week. After church I went home and played some World of Warcraft until dinner time when I went to my parent's again for dinner and more Friday Night Lights. I went home and stayed up way too late playing some more WoW and regretted it with my wake up call Monday morning.

Monday the whole family wanted to go to the Matthews Festival so I had to roll outta bed and get ready. We had a great time there. Thankfully the weather was beautiful and the kids were in a good mood for the most part (I was too).


My Version of Face Paint

After a long day I went and scooped up the dogs and headed to my parent's again. I had to make a quick trip back home when someone wanted to come and buy my fish tank...emptying it wasn't too fun, but I'm soooooo glad it's gone! I ran back over to my parent's for our Labor Day cookout and of course more Friday Night Lights and WoW playing. After a long day I went home pretty early considering.... So that was pretty much it. A lot of family time and leisure time. A perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment